The 2011 Lexus IS has a body structure has a high structural rigidity. This body structure is used in the 2006 through 2011 models. As with most late model vehicles, the Lexus IS has a boat load of safety features!
Other safety features to keep in minds:
- Front-impact airbags for the driver and passenger have been designed to protect the head during a frontal crash.
- Side impact airbags for the front seats have been designed to protect the torso during a side impact collision.
- Overhead airbags are used to protect the occupant’s heads in the event of a side collision or rollover.
- Knee airbags help to protect the occupants lower extremities from serious injury in the event of an accident.
- Seatbelt pretensioners automatically tighten seatbelts to place the occupant in the optimal seating position during a collision.