The 2019 Dodge Ram truck has a mix of different steels. A new trend in B-pillar design is using a weaker grade of steel in the lower area as seen in the the picture below.
- Steel-intensive, lightweight design with high strength structural adhesive
- Strategic mix of hot stamped, UHSS, dual phase and HSLA steels
- Efficient, lightweight body structure, with improved stiffness and strength
- Mild steel used for exterior surface parts requiring high form-ability and appearance
- Dual phase steel structural reinforcements
- Hot stamped steel door ring structure and front header provide strong, lightweight designs for impact